Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What Do I Really Do at LC?


Unless you've seen my LinkedIn you're probably wondering what the heck I do at Lime Crime, right? Well my job title is: Customer Service Rep but I do more than just answer customers emails, I also assist with social media outreach and help other departments as needed. (Great way to learn, I'm loving it!)
Answering customers emails include anything from editing addresses and orders to answering "what shade is best for my skin tone?" to "where is my order?" or "what's my tracking number?",  you name it. Any question that has ever crossed your mind about an online order, I've heard it or will soon... The best way to answer customers, I think, is to speak to them like you would want to be spoken to; be upfront and honest, such as to why an order might be taking long to ship, etc.
Social media outreach so far has been my favorite thing to do. It can be more hands on at times and allows me to find new inspiring makeup girls to send product to.  What we do, Doe (creator and CEO), Sasha (creative art director) and I, is find girls on Instagram and email screenshots to each other on an email chain of the girls we think fits our brand image. We then narrow it down to the girls Doe approves and I then contact them in hopes to make a connection and send them products.
What this also means is that I must keep an updated excel sheet on all the girls current information along with keeping track of the products I've sent them. When time allows, I also go as far as to go their IG accounts to see if they are posting about our products and if not, I will take note of it for future product release shipments.
Helping out other departments can mean anything from shipping out packages and taking them to the post office to going to makeup stores and gathering competitive research (another fun thing to do).
Overall I love the company, job position, office environment and most of all, my coworkers. I can't wait to graduate school and be able to work full time versus the 3 days I am currently working because of my school schedule, but school is almost done- Just 2 more quarters :)
                                                                       My Desk




No comments:

Post a Comment